Free Sulfite Test Strips (10-500 ppm)
Free Sulfite Test Strips, 10-500 ppm [Vial of 50 Plastic Strips]
This Free Sulfite strips are used to detect sulfite ions in water-based solutions, measuring in increments of 10, 50, 100, 250, and 500 ppm. Various types of sulfites can be tested with this strip: sulfite, bisulfite, and metabisulfite. When testing foods for sulfite content, such as wine, it is important to realize that the sulfite present can be either free or “bound.” The strip detects free sulfite only, the pH needs to be adjusted to 12 to get an accurate reading for total sulfites (free plus combined). Please contact us before buying if you intend to use it for testing red wine or something for total sulfites so we can provide you more information.
- Easy to read color blocks at 10, 50, 100, 250, and 500ppm.
- Rapid test only taking 15 seconds to test a solution
- No need for field kit or reagents to conduct tests
- Desiccant vial with flip-top lid preserves freshness of strips
- Recommended for lemon juice or on potatoes, shellfish or dried fruit. Not recommended for red wine.
Immerse the test strip into the solution and swirl 3 times. Remove strip and compare to color chart after 15 seconds.
For more information on the supplier, click here.